How to Decide Which Parking Lot Repairs Are Right for You In the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex.
You can see the cracks, potholes and parking lot damage, but how do you know if you need a full reconstruction, a repair or an overlay? Rest assured, we can help you. Our asphalt paving experts know how to determine which type of repair will meet your needs and your budget. Some times all this takes is a picture of the lot and/or an address (send us the job information here)
Here are some quick tips to help you self-diagnose your parking lot predicament:
- Pothole and Crack Filling – If your parking lot is generally in good condition, with only minor cracks, potholes or other cosmetic flaws, spot repair work may be the treatment you need. Potholes and cracks are often caused by the expansion and contraction of water after it has entered the ground below the asphalt surface. This is why it is important to regularly fill in cracks and potholes, to help reduce water penetration and water related damage.
- Asphalt Overlay – Asphalt overlays are often the go-to repair sought by municipalities and large commercial businesses. Why? Because asphalt overlays can extend the life of an existing parking lot surface for about 10 years. While an overlay will give the appearance of a brand new parking lot, it will eventually need a full reconstruction. Your parking lot may be a good candidate for asphalt overlay if your sub-base layer is structurally intact, level and capable of bonding to the asphalt overlay.
- Reconstruction or Repaving – If you parking lots has large areas of alligator cracks or is crumbling (shown in Picture Below below) , you may need to consider a complete repaving. Large areas of cracks or potholes mean the sub base of your asphalt parking lot has been compromised, and no amount of overlay or patching can help the problem. Your contractor can work with you to determine the scope of the project and can outline exactly what needs to be done.
Find an Asphalt Paving Contractor with Parking Lot Expertise
If you search online to find an asphalt paving contractor, you’ll likely be overwhelmed with options. But choosing the right paving company for you ultimately comes down to a few key factors: industry experience, asphalt product and customer service. At Elite Asphalt, you can expect:
- A consultation, or two, with you beforehand, planning the project in detail so there won’t be any surprises to your timeline or your budget.
- We will try to schedule around your business needs, doing our work when it is convenient for you. In fact, some routine maintenance jobs can be finished in less than 24 hours. For larger scale jobs, we’ll coordinate to work around your peak business periods.
- Continuous communication, as needed, to inform you of any issues or concerns with the project and to make sure we are exceeding your expectations.
- Elite Asphalt recycles 100% of the materials removed from your site.